Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Character Portraits Part 2

As of the last post, Eric Feurstein (aka Mr Colossal) was kind enough to show me some Photoshop tricks which have greatly helped with my character portraits.  The day after, I also attempted another speed painting portrait in high res, but this time using a photo for reference for the face so I could get the proportions right. 

This guy was the result.
I was much more satisfied with the look, but I still have a ways to go.  Practice makes perfect, after all!  As far as the trick Eric showed me, I spent yesterday redoing all the character portraits in AGW, basically tweaking them and making the color ramps less flat.  I'm extremely pleased with the result, which, although subtle, I feel makes a world of difference.

Alfie Banks before.

Alfie Banks after some color tweaking.


No comments:

Post a Comment